Thursday 18 April 2013

Survey Monkey Responses - Finding My Target Audience 

My survey consisted of 10 questions so i could narrow my target audience down as much as i could.



The people that took my survey where a mixture of male and female, i made sure of this so i could see the differences between genders who like a certain genre of film..

 I asked this particular question because my film is a SI-FI / horror film and i wanted to know if they would spend money to watch and SI-FI / horror film so ill know straight away if they like this genre of film. 70% of people said yes and 30% said no.

 This question is important to ask because you want to know if the person your surveying likes to watch films in the first place. The results were positive with every person saying they like watching films little bit or more.
 I wanted to know there favourite movie so i could see what specific genre they really like. There was a huge range of different films that got mentioned, Action Romance and comedy was mostly the genres linked to all the films.
 I wanted to know if the people i was surveying liked some sort of super hero involved in a film, because in my film i have a superhero character and wanted to see how many people out of ten would say yes. 70% of the people said yes so that was a promising thing to find out.
 This question was really to help me decide how to end my film. After finding out the answers from this question i will be looking to end my film on a good note because the majority of people said happy ending or both. This question was must helpful.
 This question is very helpful for me because i can see what audiences think the most successful genres of film are in the modern day. It gives me a good idea of the type of people who will like film will be.

I asked this question to find out if horror and SI-FI would come up consistently. SI-FI came up 20% and Horror came up 10% so 30% of people would enjoy a SI-F0 /Horror movie based on this survey.


i wanted to find the different ages of the people i surveyed so i could link gender age to the genre of film they like the best, so i could find a specific target audience for my film.
This question was to find out what the latest films have been shown at the cinema lately, so i know what i will be competing with and what people are used to at this point in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment